Tuesday 22 November 2011

Iron bowls

I have two shallow cast iron bowls. 

I don't know what the original use of them were I had them in the workshop with water in; as rinsing bowls for small pieces of soldering.




They are quietly beautiful to behold, so maybe it was wrong of me, but I like to use things. 






What followed was a fascinating study in evaporation. As well as rusting there were residues left from whatever got into the rinsing water.




Now I can't bear to clean them - as they are even more beautiful.

Maybe I should clean one/leave one as a comparison.



2 comments:

  1. Ah, you've had much more success than I did with my "crystal growing kit". Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ta! well, I did work really hard on it (ahem) - try my "method" i.e. neglect, it works!

    ReplyDelete