Monday 18 June 2012

Connections


I think it's good when you step back from your work for a while. I've been looking back over images of work from the last couple of years (or more). This photograph is from a time when I was (obsessively?) making and re-making from moulds made from a cockle shell (from Llandudno beach I think). You can see the links with the earliest human adornment, of course  But the ideas of the time were more to do with repeats and use of moulds - using them in a "natural" way, and by this I mean not in the industrial way whereby the idea is to get identical repeats (sterile?) but in the way I understand nature which is all about repeat patterns which connect but with the capacity to be slightly changed in some way. Without change there would be no life on earth.

Well, if that's getting a bit too thoughtful, I will just say - I saw this image and it reminded me of a previous post! Pennies from Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment