Monday 25 June 2012

Pebble


Apologies for the quality of the image. It was taken about 5 years ago, before I got my trusty little Canon ixus 70, and I wasn't taking lots of images of my work. the previous post prompted me to look for any record of the "pebbles" that was part of the ongoing mould making, multiples and repeats theme.
I made a couple of moulds to make batches of resin stones that were all treated differently and had slices and laminations to show the "made" aspect. I also worked backwards. so to speak, in terms of making by slicing and laminating blocks of wood before hand shaping/sarving/slicing them into the pebble shape. I used various interesting woods (able to get off-cuts easily as dad is a cabinet-maker). Again, the idea was all about creating many of these similar shapes but in contrasting finishes, all made and treated as "jewels" but to make a whole load of them to pile up in quantity.
I must route out what I have left from that time, I know I kept a collection of them. I ended up giving quite a few away as gifts. If I find them I will post some superior images!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment